Bachelor of Occupational therapy is an undergraduate program in occupational therapy, where one does not directly treat a personal injury but aids the patient. The course offers Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Psychology, and Fundamentals of Occupational Therapy.
The course essentially covers the following major components of study:
Also, specializations like Paediatrics, Adult rehabilitation, Hand therapy, Vision rehabilitation, Community consultation, Assisted living, etc can be pursued to learn more in- depth aspects of the field.
- Develop quality entry-level occupational therapists whose practice is guided by occupational science and clinical reasoning;
- Create life-long learners who will contribute to the body of knowledge of the profession;
- Foster student attitudes and professional behaviours consistent with the missions of the university, college and program;
- Assist the student to develop the skills necessary to provide leadership roles in the profession and society;
- Provide students with the skills and problem-solving abilities to adapt and respond proactively to a changing health care system and society;
- Provide professional resources, services, leadership and scholarship to the profession and community;
- Foster an academic community in which its members participate actively in the development of self and society.
Following are the key features of the B.Sc. Occupational Therapy program at TAU.
|Admission Fee (One-Time Fee)||₹ 6,500|
|1st Year||₹ 1,32,800|
|2nd Year||₹ 1,32,800|
|3rd Year||₹ 1,32,800|
|4th Year||₹ 12,800|
|Total Course Fee||₹ 4,11,200|
Scholarship is available for eligible students
Passed with at least 45% (40% in case the candidates belong to reserved category) in Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent with Botany, Zoology, Physics and Chemistry or Inter vocational with Bridge course of Biological and Physical Sciences (or) APOSS with Biological Sciences and Physical Sciences and should have completed 17 years as on 31st December 2022.
There are a plethora of job opportunities in the health care industries of India for Occupational Therapists. Occupational Therapists will be able to pursue a career in Occupational Therapy including the following
- Government Hospital
- Private Hospitals
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Non Government Organisations
- Community Health Centres
- Nursing Homes
- Geriatric Care centres
- Own practice