Anti Ragging Committee
Anti-Ragging Cell is one of the essential bodies of TAU’s mechanism. As per the UGC guidelines under the Act of 1956 (a UGC regulation prohibiting ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009), establishing the Anti-Ragging Cell is mandatory.
Objectives of Anti Ragging CommitteeAnti-Ragging Committee will act as the advisory and supervisory committee to ensure the Ragging Free Environment at The Apollo University. This cell is constituted:
- To spread awareness about the dehumanizing ragging effect in the varsity.
- To keep close surveillance over ragging to prevent the occurrence and recurrence of ragging incidences.
- To take necessary action against the ragging incidents brought to our notice.
- To create a disciplined environment by clarifying that any act of ragging in any form shall be a punishable offence.
- Any act of rude behavior towards juniors, teasing or indiscipline.
- Any act that disrupts or prevents regular academic activity.
- Any activity which causes hardship, annoyance, psychological harm or creates apprehension or fear.
- Any act of forceful expenditure or financial extortion.
- Any act of Physical Abuse causing harm or assault to health.
- Any act of abuse by emails, SMS, public insult, etc.
- Any Act of infringement or loss of fundamental human rights.
- Any Act of kidnapping, committing unnatural offences, molesting, wrongful confinement, intimidation, trespass or use of criminal forces.
- Any unlawful conspiracy or assembly to ragging.
- Debarring from appearing in University Exams/ Session Tests.
- Suspension from regular academic activities, classes, labs, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Forfeiting scholarships and other benefits.
- College suspension for an undefined period.
- Admission cancellation.
- Withholding the results.