The Apollo University
Propelled by the success of many educational initiatives, Apollo Hospitals Group has launched The Apollo University, a state-private university in Andhra Pradesh. It provides quality education to students and makes them ‘life and career ready’ with a specific focus on multidisciplinary education in healthcare, engineering, management, and social sciences. The University was set up at Chittoor and commenced its operations in November 2021.
The University aims to create a conducive atmosphere beyond just learning, including hands-on learning and a research-intensive environment to make students Industry Ready. The Apollo University has got recognition as a Private University established under the Andhra Pradesh Private Universities (Establishment and Regulation) Act 2016. It has five departments, namely the School of Technology (SOT), the School of Management (SOM), the School of Social Sciences (SOSS), the School of Health Sciences, and the Institute of Pharmaceuticals.
A sound infrastructural setup enables all schools to ensure students’ experiential learning. Moreover, the University has established academic associations with esteemed global universities such as John Hopkins and Harvard to create a global learning environment for the students.
Apollo Group, established in 1983, has continually undertaken initiatives for the betterment of Indian society through a series of Healthcare Initiatives. Extending this has been the Education initiatives enabling the Healthcare Sector through multiple medical and nursing colleges across India to provide the best manpower to the sector.
The Mission is to achieve this vision through transformative education, developed at the intersection of healthcare, science, technology, and management, having roots in innovation & research, in an inclusive culture that fosters practical oriented knowledge, stimulates critical thinking and sustains our legacy of pioneering and excellence, for the benefit of mankind.
The Apollo University aspires to create global leaders of the future, preparing them for a constantly evolving world and empowering them to build a healthier and more equitable society.
- The Apollo University programmes emphasise cross-disciplinary learning, enabling students to explore diverse fields and expand their knowledge beyond their major study area.
- Practical, hands-on experience is a cornerstone of The Apollo University programmes, providing students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the real world.
- The Apollo University programmes prioritise real-world implementation, allowing students to apply their learning to solve complex problems and positively impact society.
Intellectual Rigour in academics
- The Apollo University emphasises intellectual rigour in academics, emphasising the importance of critical thinking and academic excellence.
- The university’s curriculum challenges students to think deeply about complex issues and engage in rigorous analysis and inquiry.
- Through its commitment to intellectual rigour, The Apollo University strives to produce graduates who are well-equipped to succeed in their chosen fields and to make meaningful contributions to society.
- The Apollo University (TAU), Chittoor, has signed an MoU with the University of Hyderabad (UOH). Students will benefit from the expertise of the Apollo Hospitals Group, with access to mentorship from leading doctors within the organisation
- The Apollo University and Aurobindo Pharma Limited have signed an MoU that will benefit both organisations on various levels, including training, internships and research.
- Microsoft and The Apollo University have signed an MoU to work together on their shared goals of empowering and skilling students to thrive in the digital economy.
- Life skills taught at the university include effective communication, time management, problem-solving, critical thinking, and leadership skills.
- Students have the opportunity to hone their talents through diverse clubs and societies, encouraging learning beyond textbooks.
Have a glance at how we are making an impact through our global collaborations